If you are a new patient, please download and complete the New Patient Forms prior to your appointment. The questionnaire takes time to complete and is best done prior to your visit. If you are unable to complete the electronic forms prior to your visit, please arrive 30 minutes early so that you can complete them in person.
Also for your initial office visit, please bring the following:
- Photo ID, for example driver’s license
- Insurance cards
- Primary care physician authorization if required by your insurance plan
- Pertinent medical records and any recent chest x-rays, CT scans or other radiology films
- List of all medications – prescription, herbal and over-the-counter – that you are currently taking, including dosage and frequency of each; or the prescription bottles themselves
- Insurance co-payment or deductible if required by your insurance plan
If you have had recent pulmonary function tests or sleep studies, please bring a copy of the test results with you.
Co-pays as well as any fee-for-service and non-covered service fees are due and payable at the time of service.
If you find that you are unable to keep your appointment at the scheduled date and time, please notify us as soon as possible. We request at least a 24-hour notice for cancellations.
There will be a $125.00 fee for new patients and a $35.00 fee for established patients if your appointment is not cancelled with a 24-hour notice.
We know that your time is as valuable as ours, and we will make every effort to keep to our schedule. Please understand emergencies will possibly cause delays we cannot control. If you cannot wait, our receptionist will reschedule you for another day as soon as possible. In the event of inclement weather conditions, call our office to confirm that we are open. Notify the office as soon as possible if you cannot travel to our office. Your appointment will be rescheduled.